4am is bonding time

4:47 AM , 0 Comments

The bad part about feeling sick and sleeping in is that it’s hard to fall asleep that night. I tried really hard but by 4am, I gave up trying and got up. I tiptoed into the kitchen, light as a feather, turned a tiiiiiny light on, and immediately hear “mami”, a little whisper.
– Dominick?
– Yes! turn this light on…
So I turn the light on, and there he was, in all his glory, sleeping on the sofa with a white fluffy blanket on, and all these notes on a notepad he got from the kitchen.
– I’ve been working on a list of the things I am going to get for my game… I added up the money…
And he went on to describe a very elaborate process of ensuring he stayed within a budget of $20, aaaw! I melted. :)
I had every intention to get a snack and a warm drink, and then getting started on my e-mails (the ones I didn’t check today :) ), but bonding with my son was a much better plan! Here we are, both of us, chatting, having hot cocoa and toast – how lucky can one be? :)
I love being a mother, it’s always full of delightful surprises, and makes my heart flutter with love all day (and night) long.
IMG_8523


Filed under: being a mom, My personal journal

from WordPress http://ift.tt/1LSFWt4
via IFTTT

Unknown

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments: