And THIS is why Volunteering is important

2:28 PM , 0 Comments

I just received the following e-mail from the best teacher in the world, Elizabeth Newton:

Screen Shot 2015-07-31 at 2.04.39 PMOne of her students (she teacher business at UBC) just launched a successful business, and was featured in the following article:

http://ift.tt/1MYh3td

Elizabeth Newton was my psychology teacher years ago, and we have kept in touch. She is one of the very best teachers I have ever had. She cares so much about each one of her students’ success, and dedicates personal resources and time to ensure the excel.

She is now at UBC Sauder School of Business, and every year, she asks me to volunteer my time to go speak to her students about what it’s really like to be an entrepreneur, and to run a business. I love going. I love seeing how excited the students are, and answer all the questions they have!

She just sent me the article to show me that those talks have a real impact on the students. I know the e-mail is about my contribution, but really, it’s about Elizabeth’s contribution to these students. I have no doubt that she changes their lives, just by having them in her class. She works so hard to bring those experiences to her class, and make the learning relevant, and real.

As for me, I will always volunteer to share my experience, and hopefully, like this time, it will make a difference to someone. :)


Filed under: My personal journal, Things to remember when I feel down on myself, volunteer work

from WordPress http://ift.tt/1guQK3Q
via IFTTT

Unknown

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments: