#Catch-up time!

8:17 PM , 0 Comments

Soooooo, we are back from Mexico!

My auto-reply officially came off this Sunday, and I now am diligently working on all the correspondence received during the past week, as promised.
Total today:

  • 743 e-mails (for the whole week away. Now I remember why I typically respond to e-mails during my holidays! This time I stayed away from my computer and voilΓ ! The ultimate welcome package!)
  • 69 to dos that are due today
  • 1 article submission for tonight
  • 1 blog submission (not my blog of course) for tomorrow
  • 1 article to proof for today re: CEFA

I had meetings all day yesterday and today, so have not even touched my e-mails or to dos yet. GULP!

My excellent plan is to work all night today, and clear all of these, but I am now realizing that this is humanely impossible, no matter how many hours I work on it.
New plan?
Nothing really, I’ll do what I can, as I can, and have a fun-filled week working nights to catch up!

catch up

I don’t like being late, so having all this work pending is making me uneasy. I solved this temporarily today with a generous glass of Baileys on the rocks (now the Baileys is finished, so I will have to come up with a different plan for tomorrow night :) )

I absolutely love what I do, and don’t mind at all working in the evenings to catch up, but it goes back to the “balance” we always talk about. I called my mom today to tell her we’re back, and of course she wanted to drop by and see us. I had to tell her to wait until at least Sunday. Poor mom!

In any case, so far so great, so I’ll keep “catching up!”


Filed under: Being A CEO, My personal journal

from WordPress http://ift.tt/1CUlwgc
via IFTTT

Unknown

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments: