A long, long, beautiful day…

5:28 AM , 0 Comments

I love it when days last so long you feel like you get a few bonus hours! It’s like a gift.
I begrudgingly woke up early this morning, took Dominick to take the ferry boat that would take him to his summer camp, and waved goodbye until you could only see a tiny dot in the distance. I am sure that he was hoping I would stay. Also took Tabbie with me since there would be no one home. When I got to work, everyone wondered what I was doing there, they thought I had already left. I met with Mr. President to discuss the upcoming week, finished my e-mails and my to dos (except for one. I have to write an article for a parenting magazine and I am not sure my brain is up to it), bought a suitcase (a little last minute :) ) finished packing, got ready and even did my hair and make-up. We got to the airport early, got upgraded (yay!), and finally left.
We’re in Toronto now, waiting for our last flight.
I just figured out why the day seemed extra long, it’s 5am Vancouver time, which means I’ve been awake for 23 hours :) That explains a few things :)
Still, it is an amazing day and I don’t want it to end yet. Everything was amazing, except my hair (hideous, despite taking great pains to wash it and curl it before I left). The best part? Well, the best part if you ask me, not Alex… The best part is that I couldn’t stop laughing at anything and everything, for about 2 or 3 hours. I had to force myself to stop (Alex was not impressed), and by that time, I had laughed so much that I had no mascara left, and no makeup left from so many tears! Sooooooooooo great to laugh so much! Alex wanted me to point out that I was laughing at my own jokes, and that they were not funny in the first place, but still, I had a party for one :)
I brought two books to read, so I would learn something, but I am in no state to learn anything, my body decided it was a great time to do nothing, so I started relaxing pre-Mexico. Learning will have to wait. I did, however, catch up on all the gossip, courtesy of the bookstores at the airport :)
Time to go to our last flight! Yesssss!!!! This day just keeps getting better!
life-is-better-when-youre-laughing


Filed under: Being A CEO, being a mom, My personal journal

from WordPress http://ift.tt/1O9DQD6
via IFTTT

Unknown

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments: